It’s just brilliant to have a live music band performing at your wedding or barmitzvah. But when you are searching for the right one to fit the bill how can you be sure that that they will be providing good value for your money?
For starters it’s a good idea to talk to wedding reception bands to find out how much they charge and the best and easiest way to find them is to go online and search out a band website or two… or three… or four. In fact, the more websites you look at – without confusing yourself that is – the more information you’ll have to hand to make some solid comparisons.
Go through the band website
Everything you need, including prices for different ensemble types, should be there. If it’s not obvious from going through the band website pages, then there’s got to be a contact section with details of at least an email address and phone number for the band leader.
When you are searching for a live function band, it can be difficult to know which band to hire would be best for you. Many wedding reception bands, for example, claim to be professional but how can you be sure before you book them that they will deliver high quality music and a memorable live performance? Will they get there in plenty of time to set up properly? Will they be courteous and polite to everyone? Will they have all the cover music they intend to play up to scratch? Will the solo vocalist or singers actually have good voices?
Potential to meet your needs
You need to know all the answers to these and more questions so scour each band website for that information and if there are then any gaps, while they have potential to meet your needs at that point, make contact. Preferably, if local to you, fix up a meeting. A good band PR and publicity man will come to you if the band’s keen for the work. It’s important to ask every conceivable question relevant to their entertainment of you and your guests on your big day. Some couples however do get so caught up in the nitty gritty details and forget the obvious – like are they available on such and such a date, the actual wedding day!
A dozen things to look for on a band website
Here are a dozen things to look for on a band website before hiring a live band for your wedding. The website should be able to provide the following info:
- That they know or could they learn your special song for that first dance
- The musicians dress smartly
- They can play, say, three 45-minute sets
- Their repertoire is extensive enough to cater for all guests music tastes
- The band has a full PA with Bass Bins for a full sound in larger venues
- They’re covered by public liability insurance and have risk assessment documentation
- The band can supply recorded music or even a DJ for between sets
- That they have a full dance floor and stage light show and a technician on hand to look after any emergencies
- The musicians can play for the full afternoon/evening so you wouldn’t need a DJ filler
- Their equipment is serviced and PAT tested annually
- A contract is standard to ensure peace of mind on both sides
- The band has wide experience in creating bespoke wedding entertainment
Glowing testimonials on SensationBand website
When it comes to great performances at weddings in London and the UK, the SensationBand stands head and shoulders above the rest and glowing testimonials can be found on the band website. Just Google ‘wedding band London’ and a link to the band website will be right there in the search listings. As one of London’s top entertainment bands for weddings and private functions the SensationBand makes each and every occasion very special. If you want to know how to hire a band high in the private party ratings for London you couldn’t do better than look at the SensationBand website.